Sunday, September 4, 2011

ARC Assembly

I am horribly horribly behind on my reviews. I know, I know...

So here is an assemblage of reviews for ARCs I have read from NetGalley.  (Have I mentioned just how awesome NetGalley is?!)



Title:A Midsummer Night's Sin
SubTitle:A Blackthorn Brothers Novel
Publisher:Harlequin
Imprint:HQNbooks
Pub Date:11/29/2011
ISBN:9780373776108


This is the second installment of the Blackthorn Brothers Trilogy by Kasey Michaels. The second book follows Robin "Puck" Blackthorn. A chance encounter at a masquerade ball throws Puck deep in the middle of a plot against the crown. Joining Miss Regina Hackett, Puck learns of the seedier side of London and a little more of just what his brother Jack does for the Crown. Puck may seem a mischievous sort, but this story shows that there is much much more hiding behind his jovial smile. Personally, I think this is the best book so far though I can't wait to read Black Jack's story in Much Ado About Rogues when it become available.

In Total Surrender
Title:
Publisher:HarperCollins
Imprint:Avon Books
Pub Date:10/01/2011
ISBN:9780062017314


Andreas Merrick wants revenge at whatever cost. Miss Phoebe Pace just wants her father's secret protected and her brother back home. When the two meet chaos ensues, literally. Phoebe proves to be tenacious in working her way under Andreas' skin. However, secrets about his past and his connection to her brother's disappearance might keep them apart. This was an enjoyable read with the best type of characters; the bad boy and the strong-willed heroine.



Title:One Night in London
SubTitle:The Truth About the Duke
Publisher:HarperCollins
Imprint:Avon Books
Pub Date:09/01/2011
ISBN:9780062025326


Here is another book series about brothers. While I was expecting the book to be about the older brother, I was surprised to find that it was actually the middle brother, Edward that this romance was about. Edward is the responsible one taking care of everything. So when it is discovered their inheritance might be in jeopardy, he immediately contacts the lawyers...the lawyers who just agreed to help Lady Francesca Gordon gain custody of her niece. Of course, the lawyers drop her case to pursue the more prestigious case. This causes Lady Francesca to place the blame squarely on Edward who finds himself agreeing to help her if she can staunch the new rumors. I admit to being curious about the other two brothers so I will definitely read the next books, but more than ever I hope there will be a book about Lady Francesca's niece when she comes of age. Should be interesting. 




Title:No One But You
Publisher:Dorchester Publishing
Pub Date:10/04/2011
ISBN:9781428511484


This Historical Romance takes place in the same world as Leigh Greenwood's Seven Brides series. I admit to really wanting to reread the series...if I wasn't so far behind on all my other reads. I love her books! Sarah Winborne needs a man to help take care of her land, only she can't pay him. The only option for her is to marry someone, but with two young children to take care of, she must be picky in her choice. She didn't mean to say the name she did, but her heart spoke for her. Wonderful book, but too bad that the seven brothers already have wives. This book takes place after Rose, but before the other brothers find wives...let's just say I thought Sarah's daughter would have made a good Randolph. 

No comments:

Post a Comment