Saturday, May 21, 2011

Ack! What Have I Done?!

Writer's Digest is sponsoring a critique contest with agent Kristen Nelson of Nelson Literary Agency.

Simple, just submit the first 1000 words of your manuscript and you have the chance of being featured in an issue of Writer's Digest with a corresponding critique from Kristen. This is a wonderful opportunity to see just what it is that you are doing right or wrong. Well, if you get selected, that is.

It is also a very scary prospect because if you are selected, then your work will be featured in an issue of Writer's Digest with a corresponding critique from Kristen.

Yeah.

Well, criticism is suppose to be good for you and very helpful, so I have thrown my lot into the ring. I just emailed the first 1000 words of Stranger Than Fiction to the contest (BTW that has been renamed to Hooking the Hollywood Hottie, will change name on WIP list when I get access to a real computer). The contest ends Sunday, May 22nd 11:59pm. If selected, I will hear from them by June 30th.

What have I just done?

1 comment:

  1. You have just thrown yourself three sheets to the wind without any protection, but I am sure it will be just fine. Putting yourself out there is the only way to get yourself in the door, so you've just done a great service to yourself. Good luck!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete