Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March Madness

My son is home sick today, but that is also good news for me because it means I have a moment to actually catch my breath. The past couple of months have been a bit hectic as I prepared and then presented library workshops all over South Florida for our Summer Florida Library Youth Program. I loved the experience and would probably do it again, except this time I will be much better prepared for everything that goes into the presentations. One up side is that I am no longer uncomfortable driving my husband's van as I logged over 20hrs in less than a week driving it up and down I-95 (Miami's roadways still terrify me a bit and thank heavens for the one Christmas present I didn't ask for but love- GPS.)

So somehow March happened without me even realizing it. Nothing that I said I would post after January got posted. I hate to use the excuse of I didn't have the time, but really I didn't. So much for writing more book reviews and tips and tricks like stuff on saving money. I have kept up to date through RSS feeds on my phone. I have found some great deals through the different blogs I read. My biggest scores have been on Target and Totsy. I have this real problem where I don't like spending money on clothes, but I love buying them. Target was running a promotion where not only did I score a 20% discount on everything, but also free shipping. Why is it that online sites charge so much on shipping? I only buy when the shipping is free or a flat low rate because it makes no sense for me to pay just as much in shipping as my purchase. Totsy only charges about $7.95 for shipping though you do have to wait a couple weeks for your order to come in. It is worth it to get such great deals on shoes, clothes, household, and kid's stuff.

Tomorrow, I hope to have a post recapping some of my favorite blogs to watch for saving advice. ;)

 

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    What a fantastic post! The information is very useful. Thank you for sharing this here.

    Find now your near Commercial Title Loans

    ReplyDelete